What is 6S: 5S + Safety?
The 6 Components and Their Importance
1. Sort (Seiri)
2. Set in order (Seiton)
In this stage of the 6 tactics in the 6s system, items designated as essential in the first stage are placed in logical locations and easily accessible. The objective of ‘Set in Order’ is an organized way to store and retrieve items so that the total space is maximized.
3. Shine (Seiso)
4. Standardize (Seiketsu)
The 4th 6s Method Stage is called ‘Standardize,’ and it aims to help people have the same work routines in their processes by developing more efficient habits. It can be done by providing visual reminders, setting expectations of workers’ responsibility, and conducting routine inspections and regular site checks.
5. Sustain (Shitsuke)
Why Include Safety in 6S?
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment is essential to productivity and quality.
- By including safety in your Six Sigma process, you can create a positive impact on both areas.
- Installing safety controls can be easy and help create a stress-free atmosphere.
- Recognizing potential hazards is important for keeping your workplace safe.
- By taking safety seriously, organizations can avoid productivity losses and injuries.
- Ensuring clean and accident-free work areas reduces the likelihood of adverse environmental effects.
- Meeting or exceeding environmental performance goals can help to conserve resources.
6S Lean Requirements
- Recognize the importance of a thorough understanding of / experience with the 5sA system for identifying and reporting hazards.
- Take safety awareness training relevant to your industry so that your workers are comfortable addressing potential hazards.
- Make sure you have dedicated resources and support to ensure the successful implementation of 5s/6s.
Different Ways to Complete the Safety Step
Workers must also wear personal protective equipment. They should use appropriate hard hats, safety goggles and gloves, slip-resistant boots, and more, depending on the work they’re doing. Workers should bring other safety protocols to their workplace through training and toolbox meetings.
What is 6S Lean Software?
- Increased efficiency.
- Standardized operations.
- Higher productivity.
Axonator for Implementing 6S
With the Axonator safety audit app, there is no need to search through mountains of paperwork to find the proper document or list. Everything is right at your fingertips, making it easy to start your safety audits quickly.