Gone are the days when organizations worldwide used to manage their daily work orders on paper or basic Excel spreadsheets. The advent of cutting-edge work order management software has streamlined how the work orders are being managed in the field.
Work order management software gives your field department the necessary support, keeping daily tasks moving forward and ensuring that your team gives appropriate and prompt attention to any issues.
However, investing in the right work order software for your organization is whole another story. There are numerous work order software available in the market and you need to conduct thorough research s before you can buy one for yourself.
You need to consider your goals, the features you need, the ease of implementation, integration options, and most important the expenditure before making any kind of decision.
But don’t worry we are here to help you out.
This article will give exactly what you need to get started with the right selection of work order management software.
We have compiled the list of the 5 best work order management software available in the market to make your purchase decision easy.
But before jumping onto the lists, let’s discuss the major points you need to cover before sourcing the software solution.
Things to Consider Before Selecting the Best Work Order Management Software
This part of the article will help you to make the best choice even if you’ve never used any digital software before or are not satisfied with your existing software application.
Consult with Team Members
Consult with numerous stakeholders in the firm’s operations before you make any purchase decisions.
Their in-depth feedback and insights on their requirements and recommendations are the first step towards streamlining the daily-to-day operations with custom software.
Consider Implementation Time & Easy-to-use UI
Always consider a software solution that is not only quicker to implement, but also has an easy-to-use UI. Even apparently trivial issues, such as the quality of the design and the intuitiveness of the user interface, will have an impact on how satisfied your team is with the platform you select.
Consider the work order management software that will evolve as per changing needs. Thinking about the future can help your organization to discover software that can fit your needs and continue to fulfill your demands no matter what occurs in the future.
Go for a Mobile-ready Software Solution
The best facility management software solutions are mobile-friendly. With such work order management software, office members can efficiently assign tasks and deadlines to field employees.
Field workers then can receive notifications, and e-mails on their mobile phones or tablet and can respond accordingly. This eliminates the need to meet team members face to face and also reduces time on approvals.
Demo and Explore
If at all feasible, we recommend you try as many of your potential software choices as possible. This will not only offer you a hands-on, real-time understanding and feel for the platform, but it will also give you an idea of what to expect if you choose that particular work order management system.
Top 9 Features of Work Order Management System
We at Axonator have spoken with several organizations that invested heavily in software, only to be disappointed. In almost every case, software features either were lacking in functionality, usability, or value.
Hence, we’ve compiled nine features that you should consider while selecting a work order software solution.
- Ability to assign, approve, and track work orders
- Easy access to checklists
- Calendar view to see the status of every work order
- Ability to upload photos, annotations, or notes
- Real-time automated reporting
- Asset management accessibility
- Enterprise-level security and third integrations
- User-friendly and mobile-first approach
- Schedular for maintenance activities
The 5 Best Work Order Management Software for your Business
After all the successful evaluations, here are some of the top names that will come into our search while browsing the successful vendors for work order management software.
1. Axonator Work Order Management Software
Axonator work order management software is built upon the foundation of a no-code architecture and offers a complete work order system for inspection & maintenance tasks, service requests, workflow automation, and more.
The Axonator work order management software is one-stop software to plan, assign, track, and optimize all types of work orders. From assignment to fulfillment, it empowers staff members to take full accountability for the completion of their routine tasks.
7 Most Advantageous features of Axonator are:
- A robust focus on the mobile and tablet devices
- Automatic report generation
- Ability to assign work orders as per priority levels
- Schedular for maintenance work order automation
- Calendar view to track work order status, location, assigned technician
- Real-time push notifications & emails
- Customizability to suit your unique needs
These features collectively make it the most powerful yet easy-to-use work order management software present in the market.
The mobile-centric work order management tool has been praised by critics for its exceptional user interface and experience. It has also followed quite a fan following for its facility management, digital checklists, asset management, and inventory management.
Friendly User Experience: Yes
Mobile-first app: Yes
Free: Axonator offers free software for up to 5 users
Essential: USD 35 per user per month
Enterprise: USD 45 per month per user
Explore – Axonator Pricing
Axonator also provides professional services in which the company’s team will build and deploy a solution to automate field workflows.
Explore – Axonator Professional Services
Upkeep markets its solution as a CMMS solution that can also function as a work order management system. The software empowers organizations to create, assess, prioritize, and measure maintenance orders in one place.
The most important features of upkeep work order management software are:
- Work order filters like technician, location, due date, status, and priority level.
- Create work orders and send mobile push notifications to technicians when assigned.
- Include photos or videos
- Assign orders based on priority level and location from a desktop or mobile device.
- Easily close-out orders upon completion and add any notes.
Three pricing plans are:
- Starter – $40 per user, billed monthly or $35 per user, billed annually.
- Professional – $75 per user per month or $60 per user per month, billed monthly and annually respectively.
- Business Plus – $100 per user per month, billed annually for a minimum of 5 users.
MaintainX is a web-based CMMS tool that helps organizations to manage day-to-day maintenance-related work orders. The software completely eliminates the paperwork from the work order management landscape.
It enables organizations to receive maintenance requests, create and assign work orders automatically to an individual or team, and track the progress in real-time.
Some notable features of MaintainX are :
- Create, assign, and monitor work orders
- Create new work orders automatically as new requests come in
- Keep the track of parts & inventories
Four pricing plans are available:
- Basic – Free
- Essential – $10 per user monthly.
- Premium – $39 per user monthly.
- Enterprise – $115 per user monthly.
Alternatively, you can save 17% with annual billing.
4. Asset Panda
Asset Panda is a cloud-based asset management software that offers suit if solutions like maintenance tracking, tool tracking, and mobile audits. From the board room to the stock room, the asset tracking software can be shared with everyone in the organization.
Some notable features of Asset Panda are :
- Consolidate asset history
- Built-in barcode scanner support
- Custom notifications
- Enable role-based access
- Show record-level attachments
Asset Panda’s Pricing
The company has custom pricing. You can connect with their sales team for the pricing.
ServiceMax is primarily markered as a field service management tool, however, it has a work order system embedded along with it.
The company primarily targets the field service industry. The comes with a drag-and-drop interface with its work assignment tool which empowers employees to easily create, assign, manage, and track work orders with them.
Some of the key highlights of ServiceMax are:
- The software is a combination of an FSM, CRM, and work order system.
- The drag-and-drop work order creation process
- Schedule, assign, and track any sort of work order at all times, regardless of its status
- Full mobile access through the app
- Reporting and analytics tools.
ServiceMax has custom pricing. It is available upon request from the ServiceMax Sales team.
All of the above work order management software is made to do one thing; help companies achieve the utmost productivity and efficiency with their work order management. And all of them succeed at that part.
However, each of them has a perfect side and an improving side that caters to different kinds of organizations and managers.
The software is built for any kind of industry, process, or organization and is fully customizable to fulfill your unique needs.
You can connect with us for the demo to see how Axonator stacks up against all of these vendors in terms of simplicity and ease of use.