The benefits of digital checklists are numerous and they reinforce the value of a modern facility management approach. With digital checklists, daily operational tasks and inspections can be completed in minutes. This time saving is particularly useful in facilities where time and safety are crucial factors. Reliable reports cite that the companies that uses digital checklists are likely to record 25% increase in productivity and 36% decrease in mistakes.
How Digital Checklists are Redefining Industries Manage Facilities?
Adoption of digital checklists gives facility managers a complete control over operations and data as it allows staff to share information on a real-time basis. Such digital checklists not only provide organizations with greater visibility but also help them to ensure that any issue is sorted promptly and effectively. It eliminates the need for manually entering the information into spreadsheets, which can cause delays and errors. Besides, digital checklists provide guidance to the staff to ensure that all the tasks are completed on time, their status, and comply with the right standards.
With so many benefits, let’s look at how digital checklists are redefining how industries manage their facilities.
Ensure All FM Process Runs Smoothly
Enhances Security Standards
Maintain Health and Safety Standards
Streamlines Daily Cleaning and Inspection Activities
Ensuring that all relevant parts of a building or workplace are inspected and cleaned thoroughly is a key part of running a building. Facility Management Digital checklists provide a timestamped record of when inspections took place, and can be used to guide staff through the process of what needs to be cleaned, and how. From a legal and compliance point of view, having a digital record shows that the job has been actually done at a precise time by a specific worker.
Top Five Reasons Every Organization Must Adopt Facility Digital Checklists
FM Digital checklists offer unprecedented visibility into facility management activities. Previously, tasks would be recorded manually on paper, which can be challenging, if not impossible, to analyze at scale. Digital checklists enable visibility into compliance and operational procedures, regardless of scale. From a single store to nationwide chains, graduating from paper unlocks insights that can help prevent foodborne incidents.
Improved Accountability, Clear Communication
Save Money By Going Paperless
The First Step towards Digital Transformation Journey
Simplify Workflow Management
Centralized View of All Information
With digital checklists, FM companies can store all required information at a centralized location. From audits, trend analysis, non-conformances, to KPIs, Axonator dashboards enable you to see problems before they arise, and continually improve how you work. Moreover, some of the advanced checklist-based apps also enable organizations to send digital reports to relevant departments. It enables field staff members to receive automated alters, approvals, KPIs through real-time report sharing.
Top 10 Must Have Digital Checklists For Every Facility Manager
The modern enterprise is a ‘mobile first’ one. Access to information, seamless workflow, streamlined business processes, and functionalities of mobile apps make the employees more productive than ever before and in recent times, the same has extended to facility management.
Incident Management Checklist
FM teams can use the digital incident checklist app to do the following:
- Assign duties according to the category, location, and importance of the issue to respond effectively to any occurrence.
- Log occurrences and evaluate the data gathered in order to prevent recurrence of such situations.
- KPIs for each department and employee to track and monitor incident responses to ensure better accountability and faster resolution of incidents.
Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Services Checklist
What role predictive and preventive maintenance services checklists can play in effective maintenance?
- Monitor the status and activity of critical assets.
- Get alerts and notifications regarding maintenance in advance, as well as assign technicians to execute maintenance tasks.
- Information about the equipment provides important insights to help you make smarter decisions.
Field Service Management Checklist
What role does a mobile-based field service management checklist play in enabling field workers to do their tasks with ease?
- Collect real-time data in order to keep track of current tasks and make important decisions.
- Assign the most qualified technician to each work and maintain communication with the team
- Conduct process audits to increase the efficiency of the organization
- Enable consistency and verification of finished work
Work Order Management
What you receive as a result of using a digital Work Order Management digital checklist is as follows:
- Transform the time-consuming nature of old procedures into a digital, automated process.
- Examine suppliers and maintain a record of both favorable and negative encounters in the past.
- Arrange work orders in order to increase output in various industries.
- Minimize the dangers faced by your repair personnel.
Planning and Execution Checklists
Here’s what the planning and execution digital checklists app can do for your organization:
- The allocation of limited resources in favor of scheduled maintenance as opposed to corrective maintenance.
- Developing, documenting, communicating, and continually improving an organization’s entire operations and maintenance plan.
- Information gathering and distribution to obtain financing, improving facility services, and reducing equipment downtime implementing the LEAN practice.
- Identify several risk scenarios that might occur at the institution.
- Determine the probable consequences of each conceivable threat and hazard, and then offer viable remedies.
- Consider potential evacuation scenarios and make preparations for them.
- Make plans for emergency preparedness and first aid supplies.
- Include provisions for persons with special needs or who have physical impairments.
Audit and Safety Checklists
- Safety-audit checklists that are properly created contain certain rules that must be followed.
- Assists workers in remaining organized while performing the audit and scheduling their time accordingly.
- Be more accountable than you would be if there was no method to establish shoddy auditing practices
Workplace and Building Management Checklist
- Gathering data around used resources
- Optimal use of available space
- Record operations of the security system
- Take over contractor scheduling and work agreements
- Timetables for work and timeframes for productivity
Vendor Management Checklist
- Contract sourcing and oversight
- Third-party contractors for services.
- Management and control of the procurement process
- Requirements for the product
- Requirements for packaging
- Product testing and inspections are performed on-site.
- Classification of defects
- Responses from key personnel involved in the manufacturing and quality control processes
How to Convert Paper forms & Checklists Into Mobile Apps?
Learn how Axonator can help you transition your company to a completely paperless system.
Create, Edit, Save, and Share Custom Checklists
Advanced Features and Integrations
Going Digital How You Can Make it Work
If you are ready to take your business paperless, Axonator FMDC is the perfect enterprise-grade mobile solution for facility mangers or building service contractors who need to digitally manage all facets of facility management including assets, events, hazards, maintenance tasks, and purchase orders. With a sleek UI, drag and drop interface, and intuitive user experience, Axonator’s digital checklists eliminate the use of paper forms and improve productivity. Facility managers have to oversee the day-to-day upkeep of large facilities with numerous people, machinery, and moving parts. With Axonator, they can create facility management digital checklists electronically and access them anywhere.
Sign up for Axonator today! This advanced system and our attentive network of customer support can support you through the transition to a paperless organization. You can use Axonator for free to experience all of these benefits today!